|MEN’S BASKETBALL INTERNSHIP
Washington Athletics aims to inspire champions on the field and in the classroom. Operating with the four core values of growth mindset, committed service, humility and grit, the Huskies choose to lead by example. With over 650 student-athletes competing throughout UW’s 22 sports programs, the department of Intercollegiate Athletics is committed to a leading-edge student-athlete experience, and offering student-athletes the ability to compete for NCAA and Pac-12 championships while working toward a degree from one of the world’s leading public research universities.
Washington Athletics has a position opening for a Digital Communications Coordinator.
· This position would report to the Men’s Basketball Creative Director
· Would be primarily responsible for the design and creation of digital assets to be used for recruiting purposes internal design projects as well as content for the University of Washington MBBsocial media properties.
· Would work with Men’s Basketball staff in executing content creation efforts for coaching staff.
· Would support the digital needs of multiple external units (communications, marketing, tickets, development, IMG) and assist the athletic communications staff in the day to day maintenance of GoHuskies.com and all other University of Washington Athletics digital properties.
· Would be responsible for helping manage UW Athletics social media properties, including but not limited to taking photos, composing posts for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, engaging with fans on those properties, and ensuring that we are providing the public with the proper “voice” of the program.
· Assist in managing the communications department’s online photo database by uploading, tagging and organizing incoming photos.
Compliance with the rules and regulations of the University, the NCAA, the Pac-12 Conference, the State of Washington and any other governing body is of paramount importance to the University. The overall responsibility of this position is for the successful operation of the program in full compliance with all such rules and regulations. As a condition of employment, the Employee shall be required to participate in rules education programs offered by the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
· One year of graphics, illustration or related college-level art training OR one year of related experience OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
· Candidates should be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premeir and Illustrator) or higher on a Mac OS platform. Candidates should have examples of published creative works to demonstrate such proficiency.
· Candidates should have experience managing social media platforms for a team, brand or institution. Candidates should have examples of social media success to demonstrate such
· Candidates should have strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidates should have examples of published work to demonstrate such skills.
· Candidates who are sports knowledgeable will be given additional consideration but it is not required
· Candidates who have experience with After Effects, motion graphics, video production, photography and/or web development will be given additional consideration but it is not required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
· Candidates should be available approximately 10 hours per week with additional availability during evenings and weekends for event coverage, as needed.
To learn more and apply, please contact Conor Hamill at firstname.lastname@example.org.