We have an opening for a Gallery Assistant to support our operations at our location in historic Pioneer Square, in the vibrant Tashiro-Kaplan All Arts building.
CoCA has a strong track record of presenting current and important art to our community. In 2017 CoCA presented 318 artists and hosted over 24,000 visitors. CoCA is a space for creative expression, community and inclusivity in contemporary art.
The CoCA Gallery Assistant position is essential to our small and thriving non-profit organization. Our Gallery Assistant works closely with CoCA’s Executive & Artistic Director and Curatorial Committee, as well as strong team of volunteers and interns. Part-time hours with up to 32 hours/week at $15/hr.
There is great potential for growth within & beyond this role at our organization.
● Minimum 4 year degree in art history, nonprofit arts administration or related area or relevant experience or education preferred
● Passionate about the art world with knowledge of local artists and exhibits preferred
● Extremely organized, detail-oriented and, while self-directed, thrives on a team
● High level of professionalism, commitment, and communication skills
● Inclusive and welcoming of diverse groups and ideas
We are an equal opportunity employer. We warmly welcome applications from POC, LGBTQIA individuals, and people with diverse backgrounds.