Pratt Fine Arts Center seeks Online Art Instructors
Department: 2D Studio, Glass Studio, Metal & Stone Studio, Wood Studio, Jewelry Studio and Youth & Teen Program.
Reports to: Studio Managers & Director of Programs
Pratt Fine Arts Center has recently launched our online learning programming and we are seeking highly motivated and energetic instructors for a variety of visual arts mediums. We are looking for instructors who are comfortable in front of the camera and willing to find new pathways to engage with students. We are currently looking for candidates with class proposals that fit within our 6 studio offerings (2D, Wood, Glass, Metal & Stone, Jewelry, Youth and Teen). A qualified candidate is responsible for the creation and delivery of online learning course content using Microsoft Teams. Each course should include recorded content, online live discussions/demos, external resources and an opportunity student to engage with one another. Reporting to the Director of Programs and our Studio Managers, we are seeking instructors who have passion, experience and feel comfortable and confident bringing visual arts curriculum to students in a virtual classroom.
Pratt Fine Art Center instructors are responsible for creating engaging experiences for a diverse group of people that exposes them to traditional and new creative techniques. Pratt Fine Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. BIPoC are encouraged to apply.
● A professional art practice or 5+ year experience making art and exhibiting/selling your work
● At least 1-2 years teaching experience
● Strong oral communication, written language and project management skills
● Proven success in curriculum building and implementation
● Ability to produce high quality arts programming
● Detail oriented with classroom management
● Exemplary computer and internet skills
● Ability to work remotely (smartphone, laptop/computer and reliable internet
● Friendly, adaptable teaching approach to accommodate various learning styles
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
● Ability to be effective independently and as a member of a team
● High tolerance for ambiguity; willingness to navigate a complex work environment and build efficient systems and procedures
● Positive, can-do attitude and a sense of humor
Please send a cover letter, resume, work sample to Eve Sanford, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or drop-ins, please.
Pratt Fine Arts Center is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, membership or educational programs and activities. Furthermore, Pratt Fine Arts Center is committed to retaining to a racially diverse team. BIPoC are encouraged to apply