Temporary Visitor Experience Representative
Department: Henry Art Gallery
Dates: 3/20 to tentatively 7/30/2021
Location: 15th Ave NE & University of Washington, NE 41st St, Seattle, WA 98195
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday, 9:15 AM – 5:00 PM
The Museum Services Department ensures a safe and welcoming museum experience for visitors and staff alike. Visitor Experience Representatives (VERs) and Museum Services Leads serve as the Henry’s frontline staff, and offer exceptional customer service both in the galleries and at the front desk. VERs ensure that visitors follow various museum policies, and monitor exhibition spaces to ensure artwork safety.
· Observe and pass along concerns with artworks or building conditions to appropriate staff
· Engage in dialogue with visitors and answer questions about the exhibitions while working in the gallery spaces
· Learn about the museum’s current exhibitions and programs to provide helpful information and respond to inquiries
· Remind visitors of museum policies and make sure followed in the galleries and other museum spaces, while maintaining a polite demeanor and providing a positive experience to visitors
· Provide admissions and front desk support including: facilitating timed ticketing check-in and registration; answering and directing phone calls greeting museum visitors
· Performing other customer service, administrative, and front-of-house related tasks as the need arises; and as they relate to the overall needs of the museum
· Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and enjoy engaging with new people
· Have experience in customer service, hospitality, and/or public facing, service oriented work that serves community
· Have worked as part of a team and understand what it means to share responsibility for a common goal
· Know how to interact diplomatically with the public; to maintain composure in the face of resistance or indifference
· Can react quickly and efficiently in situations where art and visitor safety are of concern
· Can remain vigilant for extended periods of time and are adaptable to quick changes in work flow
SPECIAL NOTE: This position will receive additional training that reflects current health, safety, and hospitality considerations.
Interested students can apply via UTemp’s general job posting:
Once you apply, you can email at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate specific interest in the temporary Visitor Experience Representative position.