Graphic Designer Roles Description
For over 27 years, Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối has helped many Vietnamese integrate into American society through our ESL, computer, and citizenship programs as well as information and referral services. The challenges of moving to a new continent and learning a new culture are immense and, at times, overwhelming. Helping Link is here to pay forward the help many of us received so that families remain intergenerational, connected, and united. This source of support
and knowledge in a safe environment allowed many of Helping Link’s clients to successfully achieve their goals to improve their English skills, become U.S. citizens, and find opportunities to grow and thrive.
We seek caring community members and professionals in search of culturally enriching relationships, passionate about creating space for mutual exchange and engagement. Join Us!
Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối is looking for a graphic designer to:
● Create visual communication for our prospective students, volunteers, and donors.
● Designing artwork for various projects including but not limited to the quarterly newsletter, event-based projects, social media graphics, branding, website graphics, etc.
● Work with the Executive Director to discuss project details and objectives
● Assist in designing and creating key visuals for marketing tools for different promotional purposes such as events, volunteer recruitment, and student recruitment
● Provide a critical and analytical skill to design and proof projects
● Work with various other team members (including but not limited to, PR/Comms, Photographer, Executive Director, etc.)
*This position is currently remote due to COVID-19
● Have an eye for design.
● Experience/background in graphic design with a portfolio of past works
● Be familiar with various programs, such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Canva, Procreate, etc.
● Have a passion for design, immigrant assistance, and helping the local community
● Valued but not required: Familiarity with other tools and outlets such as video and animation.
● Build upon your portfolio
● Enhance and develop your design skills
● Gain direct and hands-on experience in design and marketing
All volunteer positions are available only for those in the local Puget Sound area of Washington.