Northwest African American Museum Now Hiring
The Northwest African American Museum (NAAM) seeks a Communications and Digital Media Coordinator to support our External Affairs Director by ensuring that NAAM has consistent messaging and branding across all digital and printed collateral, social media, traditional media, and our website. This is a contract position at 32 hours a week with a duration of approximately 9 months.
Social Media and Online Marketing
● Manage all social media platforms and respond to all inquiries
● Identify key topics, hashtags, influencers, institutions, or individuals to follow and post to increase NAAM’s visibility and online presence
● Design weekly email marketing campaigns that will increase the number of newsletter subscribers and inspire them to action
● Report social media metrics to the External Affairs Director and collaboratively develop and implement new tactics to increase NAAM’s brand awareness
Events, Initiatives, Exhibitions, and Programs
● Develop all physical and digital materials, outsourcing when necessary
● Execute marketing rollout plans
● Compose press materials in advance
● Manage and provide expertise for digital media events, e.g. video streaming and audio
● Keep all media assets current, e.g. photos and logos
● Collaborate across internal teams to ensure proper branding and look for all NAAM communications and marketing
● One to two years of experience with web design, web development, CRO and SEO. Experience with Squarespace is desired.
● Content design experience
● Understanding of digital media and production
● Passion for and understanding of the museum’s mission, vision and values
● Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
● Excellent at managing multiple projects, setting priorities, and pivoting quickly
● Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow through
● Able to maintain confidentiality
● Demonstrated knowledge in graphic/flyer design
● Ability to work independently and collaborate with multiple teams
● Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field from an accredited college or university
● Proven track record in social media marketing and/or digital media specialist.
● Experience with digital video content production.
● Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication skills.
● Experience with software and social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Canva, and Google Workspace
● Knowledge of online marketing and an understanding of major marketing channels
Application period for this vacancy: The role will remain open until filled.
Salary: The hourly salary range for this role is $30 – $35.
To apply for this professional opportunity, submit your resume and statement of intent explaining why you want to work with NAAM (cover letter): HR@naamnw.org.
The Northwest African American Museum (NAAM) is a regionally-prestigious institution that deeply matters to people as a reliable, remarkable, and relevant space where we open minds and change lives through African American history, art, and culture. Since opening in 2008, hundreds of thousands of visitors have come to the museum to view our permanent and rotating exhibitions, participate in dynamic public programs, or take part in private events.
Located in the historic Colman School within Seattle’s Central District, NAAM is the premier African American museum in the Pacific Northwest region.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Northwest African American Museum provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to HR@naamnw.org