MoPOP seeks Marketing Graphic Designer
MoPOP is seeking a Marketing Graphic Designer to create innovative print and digital assets that push creative boundaries in support of all aspects of the museum including marketing and advertising campaigns, print collateral, website and social media, the MoPOP app, and in-museum assets.
The ideal candidate is a versatile designer with a talent for creating customer experiences and visual interactions that engage audiences with compelling creative. They must understand the intersections of design, UX/UI, content, advertising, and print production.
The Graphic Designer will work as an integral part of the Marketing + Sales team and interface collaboratively with departments across the organization.
Essential Job Duties (Other Duties as Assigned)
- Produce creative assets that support a variety of marketing campaigns, advertising, merchandising, print collateral, and content (website, email, social media, etc.).
- Conceive of and produce work that reflects the innovation and creativity we showcase at the museum.
- Understand diverse audiences and produce creative that speaks to them.
- Serve as a brand steward to ensure brand standards are deployed properly across all touchpoints with hawk-eye precision, and coach fellow staff on proper brand usage.
- Integrate lessons from data and analytics into design work.
- Follow creative process guidelines and track work with project management tools and contribute to process improvements.
- Collaborate on and execute creative briefs along with internal team and various departments and stakeholders.
- Present and sell creative strategies/concepts while integrating feedback from stakeholders.
- Multitask and juggle multiple projects with various objectives, timelines, and creative.
- Support print and digital production as needed.
- Support our internal culture which inspires and empowers our staff to live our mission to its highest standards.
- Contribute to a consistent customer service standard across all departments.
- Work to ensure customer service is ingrained at the core of the Marketing + Sales team and is reflected outward to our guests and other staff.
- Commitment to participating in anti-racism work, learning about the ways institutional racism impacts marketing and advertising, and supporting teammates in operationalizing DEIA strategies in the Marketing + Sales department.
- 3-5+ years of digital and print design experience, preferably with an emphasis on asset production.
- A creative design eye that understands design trends and best practices.
- Bachelors degree or a combination of education and work experience.
- High-level skills in using design software, including the Adobe Creative Suite.
- HTML and CSS skills a plus.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and deadlines and being able to work under tight timelines.
- Experience producing multimedia digital advertising.
- Experience designing and producing print collateral and advertising (posters, billboards, etc).
- Ability to balance being part of a team while taking responsibility for driving projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Experience with motion graphics and video editing is a plus.
- Being a fan of all things pop-culture preferred (wed love to hear about your passions!).
- To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.