We are looking for an energetic, warm and engaging personality to create and maintain client relationships with discerning collectors based in Seattle and around the world.
This is first and foremost a sales position.
Other responsibilities may include press communications, social media, managing inventory, gallery maintenance, and exhibition installation. Training can be provided for these tasks.
– Exceptional customer service
– Superior oral and written communication skills
– High level of professionalism and maturity
– Ability to work within deadlines and under pressure
– 3 – 5 years experience in fine art sales, high end retail or a similar environment
– Logical thinking and problem solving skills
– Heavy lifting ability (50 lbs)
– Comfortable working on a ladder
– Computer knowledge essential
– A valid driver’s license
We welcome you to stop by the gallery with your resume and a cover letter.
Our address is 220 Third Avenue South in Seattle. If coming by in person is not feasible for you, please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
Our hours are Tues – Sat. 10 – 6 pm and 8 p.m. or slightly later on the First Thursday of every month for the Pioneer Square Art Walk.
About Foster/White Gallery:
Founded in 1968, Foster/White Gallery is a premier gallery on the West Coast and has been a prominent landmark in the Seattle arts center of Pioneer Square. The Gallery has attracted worldwide attention with its diverse and exceptional contemporary painting, sculpture, and glass exhibitions. We maintain a high level of aesthetic quality through the representation of emerging, mid-career and established artists whose works are varied in scope yet similar in mastery of materials.
Foster/White Gallery is an active member of the Seattle Art Dealers Association (SADA) and a participating gallery in First Thursday Art Walk, a Pioneer Square tradition.