Abbey Arts seeks Student Graphic Designer
9 month min. preferred
Hours per week: 10-19
SUPPORT MUSIC & NONPROFIT EVENTS BY
– Creating and distributing compelling and well designed flyers, posters, and web media for concerts, arts events, classes, workshops, etc.
– Finding new creative ways to promote Abbey Arts in digital media including video and social media.
PORTFOLIO BUILDING / OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH
– Build your creative portfolio with a wide range of design opportunities
– Have your creative work seen by the Seattle arts & music community.
– Learn how to manage a design review with supervisor and in a team environment
– Experience and learn how to work in a fast paced, professional, creative environment
– Opportunities for video / social media content creation
– Regular meetings with supervisor to connect about development and challenges
Work with various departments on creative projects, managed by Operations Team.
– Basic InDesign & Photoshop Experience Preferred.
– Incredible attention to detail
– You have or are willing to learn how to manage several projects & tasks within the same day
– You enjoy collaborating across teams and invite feedback often, in a professional and organized manner.
– Passionate about design and promotion.
At Abbey Arts, we work to create quality, eye opening arts experiences for all ages & incomes in King County and communicate to the world about the need for music, arts and creativity. We are known for our innovative and music focused programming including The Round, CATHEDRALS, and more. Abbey Arts is also home to The Moth and many other concerts with artists such as Damien Jurado, Sera Cahoone, Shana Shepherd, Mary Lambert, and many more.
– Free concerts at Abbey Arts and around Seattle.
– We require all staff to stop work and enjoy at least one song per event shift.
– Staff Wellness Perk (free massages, etc.)
– Snacks and simple meal options provided
MUST BE WA STATE WORK STUDY ELIGIBLE FOR PAID POSITIONS Fremont Abbey Arts Center, a 501c3 nonprofit at 43rd & Fremont Avenue (near SPU). Work Study only please. Limited unpaid internships with university supervision for credit are available.”
Please send resume, portfolio & short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: ABBEYJOB
Art History & Visual Studies
Min. GPA 3