Provide entry-level food preparation and customer service to customers of UW Dining venues.
• Operate point of sales (POS) system; receive cash, count change, receive Husky Card and debit card payments from customers.
• Review menu and price lists; quote prices of frequently purchased items.
• Assemble, plate, package and/or serve items to customers.
• Assist customers and answer questions regarding menu items, ingredients, location of retail items, current prices, and available goods.
• Bus tables, remove garbage, and clean counters, shelves, fixtures, etc.
• Follow established food safety guidelines, maintain established standards of cleanliness.
• Wash and prepare fruits, vegetables and other food items.
• Assist cooks by opening packaging and apportioning contents.
• Make and stock beverages, including brewed coffee, tea and associated condiments. May make espresso beverages.
• Restock and maintain cleanliness of work and/or service areas.
• Operate and/or clean kitchen equipment. Report malfunctions to kitchen leadership.
• Wash dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and equipment; operate dishwashing machines.
• Clean kitchen area and maintain cleanliness of work and/or service areas.
• Operate laundry machines; sort and fold laundry for food service operation.
• Must be a matriculated University of Washington student taking at least 6 undergraduate credits or 4 graduate credits.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Acquire a Washington State Food Worker Card within two weeks of employment and maintain thereafter.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 48 pounds.
Unit Manager or Assistant Manager
2022 Compensation: starting at $17.27 per hour
Application + Details Available here: https://hfs.uw.edu/apps/seaweb/