Gain real world experience in music and radio
KEXP’s Internship Program seeks to provide interns from historically under-invited and under-represented communities with hands-on experience in the nonprofit arts sector. Our program is designed to develop and equip emerging leaders, interested in furthering their careers, in a variety of fields including music programming, audio production, and nonprofit capacity building.
Our interns learn skills in business communication, project management, problem-solving, audio technology, database management and more. These skills and experiences offer our interns a unique ground-level glimpse of the day-to-day life of a community-supported arts organization, while offering relationship building and networking opportunities with individuals throughout the music industry.
The following positions are available:
- Audio Production Intern
- Media Archives Intern
- Facilities & Guest Services Intern
- Podcast & Licensing Intern
Applications close Sunday, February 19.
Applications are accepted only via the application portal. Applications, resumes, cover letters, and letters of recommendation are not accepted via email.
What to expect from a KEXP internship?
- KEXP internships are 6-months long and occur during the period of April – November. Interns must have availability of 15 hours per week during regular business hours (9am-6pm, Monday-Friday).
- All interns are paid $22/hr.
- Interns must have legal authorization to work in the United States. We depend on interns to determine their legal right to work in the U.S.
- Interns must live in the Seattle area.
- Interns must be at least 18 years old.
- Interns do not need to be currently enrolled in school or be recent graduates.
- Depending on the state of COVID-19, the internship experience may be remote, in-person or a hybrid of the two. Currently, all internships are hybrid and require an on-site presence at KEXP’s office in Seattle.
- Interns must be vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering the KEXP office.
What are we looking for?
We look for diverse individuals who are motivated team players, excellent communicators, and most importantly are passionate about KEXP’s mission and have a fanatical love of music. KEXP’s internship program is committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We believe that having interns with diverse backgrounds enables KEXP to better meet our mission and serve music-loving communities around the world. People of color, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.