Join our team of talented teaching artists! We are looking for teaching artists who are interested in supporting the growth of our youth summer visual art camp offerings. Our classes and camps focus on developing young artist skills in a variety of mediums and topics, provides creative community, and challenge young artists to problem solve and think creatively. Pratt youth teaching artists center social-emotional learning, equity, and community building as essential components for growing young people.
School year programs run fall, winter, and spring. We offer a variety of youth and teen programming in 2D (paint/drawing), printmaking, blacksmithing, welding, jewelry & metalsmithing, stone, woodworking, and more!
Summer camps run throughout the summer, Monday-Friday, 9:30 AM-4:30 PM, and will include training and team building opportunities leading up to the start date.
Teaching artists pay rate is $36/hr, hours range from 15-25 depending on class sessions, time of year, and availability.
We are looking for teaching artists who are:
- Passionate about your medium
- Passionate about uplifting and encouraging young artists
- Committed to social justice and racial equity
- Invested in youth social-emotional development, youth identity development, and working with a range of diverge backgrounds
- Flexible and respectful in communication and navigation of our dynamic organization
- Team-oriented and willing to engage with fellow teaching artists, staff, and volunteers
- Have experience with:
- Teaching in the range of elementary to high school students
- Developing and providing curriculum designed to scaffold projects within your medium
- Supporting a range of learning abilities and skill levels
For more details, please contact Youth and Teen Program Manager, Bailey Zahniser at BZahniser@pratt.org (206) 535-2366