The WASHINGTON AHEC SCHOLARS PROGRAM
A nationwide HRSA/AHEC branded certificate program designed to prepare and promote a diverse, skilled primary care workforce in rural and underserved communities.
The application deadline for 2024-2026 WA AHEC Scholars in Seattle/Southwest Washington will be September 30, 2024. Check with local AHEC office for deadlines for regional cohorts in Spokane, Wenatchee and Bellingham.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Are you looking to lead healthcare for the underserved into the future?
AHEC Scholars is a nationally recognized certificate program that can set you apart.
The program emphasizes a team-based approach to addressing health disparities.
Coursework can be completed at no cost and complements your existing coursework.
Experiences include special events and educational opportunities in urban underserved or rural health care settings.
The two-year program culminates in a graduation networking event.
WWAMI AHEC Scholars will provide you with the agile skill set needed to lead health care transformation in rural and urban underserved environments.
About the AHEC Scholars Program
- 2 year interprofessional program for healthcare profession students across Washington State
- Open to healthcare profession students in a degree or certificate program
- 8 virtual evening classes per year
- And/or asynchronous modules and online meetings with your cohort
- Inter-professional community/experiential/clinical training through your primary program, service learning or our community project
- Program administrated by the University of Washington’s Office of Rural Programs and the WA AHEC Center