Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Welcome to the Bonds Across the Water ePen-Pal discussion forum!

Our goal is to promote student understanding about and actions to address climate change and ocean acidification, and for students to share their perspectives and solutions with peers across the Pacific Northwest and around the Pacific Rim.

Participating students should post here to meet your colleagues around the Pacific and to share your thoughts and actions about watershed, ocean health and climate change!

Student Discussion >

Resilience and Steadfastness!

D0316

Greetings and Talofa!

My name is Donna Talaeai and I am from a small tiny island in the South Pacific; American Samoa. I attend Samoana High School as a junior and am active in an environmental group within my school called Finafinau. I am also a student in Ms. Penelope's Advanced Placement Environmental Science class. As a Finafinau member, we aim in promoting the youth of American Samoa to become Pacific ambassadors for conservation and environmental resilience. We have done monthly coastal clean-ups with the support of our local EPA and keep a green space within the school. I have participated in activities like planting trees to offset carbon emissions from the flights I took in the summer, learned the importance of mangroves for my island, and how keeping watersheds is beneficial for marine wildlife. I hope to hear from others soon about what environmental groups they're associated with or are interested in being associated with. After all, the Earth is what we have in common!

Regards,
Donna:)

MadilynLarsen

Hello I'm Madilyn, a senior from Washington and I am associated with a little environmental group from my school that picks up trash around it sometimes, but I would like to be associated with more. Also how long have you been doing monthly clean-ups?

Maru

Hello there, My name is Shem, sophmore student in Washington, and I'd like to know how many trees have you planted?

D0316

Hi Madilyn, nice to meet you we have been having clean-ups ever since the school year started and stopped recently due to the COVID and the Measles outbreak we had earlier this year.

D0316

Hey Shem, we planted trees as a group. I planted about ten to twelve trees in total. We planted about 100-150 as a group.

D0316

So sorry for the late reply to you both!:)

6 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer