Established in 1998, the University of Washington’s Center for Engineering Learning & Teaching (CELT) was the first center in the country in a college of engineering to combine a mission of research in engineering education with the improvement of engineering teaching. In 2015, the dean of engineering institutionalized CELT’s instructional services within the Dean’s office and formed the Office for the Advancement of Engineering Teaching & Learning (ET&L). At the same time CELT was moved as a research center to reside in Human Centered Design & Engineering (HCDE).
Please see the following links for more information:
- Office for the Advancement of Engineering Teaching & Learning
- Center for the Advancement of Engineering Education (CAEE)
- Consortium for the Promotion of Reflection in Engineering Education (CPREE)
- Current research on design expertise, design teaching and design awareness: Cindy Atman’s HCDE faculty page
- Current research on reflection: Jennifer Turn’s HCDE faculty page