Calendar of Events
CHDD Outlook Newsletter
Directions & Transportation
CHDD Media Graphics
Graphic design services for University and research projects
Focusing on the needs of CHDD faculty and research affiliates.
Located in the CHDD Clinic Building, Room
CD344 - Greg Owen, 206-543-3496
Services and Consultations | Equipment |Use Policy | Turnaround Time | Cost | Contact | Graphics Workorder
CHDD Media Graphics provides graphics services
and assistance to the University of Washington community in the
preparation of graphics and audio/visual materials.
Services and Consultations
||Icons and Logos
||Posters, Brochures & other Print Materials
- Preparation of graphic materials for journal articles, book chapters, poster presentations,
slide presentations, and specialized video materials
- Output to a variety of high-end printing services, including
poster-sized and photographic quality color prints
- Creation of specialized digital stimuli and reinforcement materials
- Design and creation of custom websites to meet web-based needs
- Scanning of slides, negatives, or flat-copy to digital files,
providing custom editing with file formatting and touchup
- Image enhancement and analysis
- Maintenance of archived files for future revisions
- Powerpoint programmed animations
- Consultation to investigators on presenting data digitally
- Consultation in purchase and use of presentation and/or graphics
- Consultation and training in the use of audio-visual equipment
Equipment and Facilities
- Windows computer workstation
- Epson 2500 document scanner for quick scanning a large volume of paper to a pdf file quickly.
- Epson 2450 scanner for digitizing photographs, 35mm slides, negatives, gels, and x-rays, also text recognition software
- A high resolution, large-format
Xerox Phaser 7500 color laser printer. The printer has
11" x 17" duplex capabilities.
The Graphics Facility is a cost center that provides services to UW faculty, staff and students and Seattle Children's Research Institute. Services may also be provided to other UW programs and projects but CHDD affiliates receives top priority in all instances. Due to State regulations regarding Sales of Goods and Services, we do not provide services to the general public. Cash invoices are not accepted.
Services are provided as quickly as possible, usual turnaround time for work request is 3 working days. Jobs are scheduled when they are received by Graphics personnel. Time cannot be reserved for a future project that impacts currently scheduled client work. Large jobs (16 hours or longer) must be received at least 2 weeks before needed. The following factors may influence job completion date:
- Current workload and prior commitments
- Time requirements of job/services requested
- Labor availability (vacation schedules, sick leave, etc.)
- Overall timeline/urgency of request
- Specific CHDD Priorities set by CHDD Administration
Graphics time is currently billed at $75.00 per hour which is lower than comparable UW campus graphic design services. Materials costs are additional. RUSH fees may apply to a job required in less that the normal turnaround time of 3 working days that affects other prescheduled work timelines. RUSH is not guaranteed based on the priorities set by CHDD Administration. The normal turnaround time does not apply to large scale projects such as publications, website design/implementation and projects requiring outside printing or duplication.
For more information:
Contact graphic designer, Greg
You may email your work request and a budget # to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a printable graphics work order to drop off at room CD344, click