Here are the drop-in and group mental health resources for fall quarter. These are FREE resources available for students.
DROP-IN RESOURCES: No appointments necessary. Students can just show up. More information available here.
- Mindfulness Mondays with Ron Ma, 12-12:30pm on Mondays (through the last week of class) in 401 Schmitz Hall. Mindfulness meditation is a practice that helps promotes health and well-being and reduce stress, anxiety and depression by cultivating greater emotional awareness. Come for a 30-minute mindful break to start your week.
- Let’s Talk. Drop-in consultation with a counselor, a collaboration between the Counseling Center and Hall Health Center
- Tuesdays 2-4pm with Iris Song at the Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center
- Wednesdays 2-4pm with Kate Fredenberg at the Q Center in the HUB
- Offered during the 10 weeks of each quarter.
WORKSHOP SERIES: Please inform the facilitator that you plan to attend by clicking on their name below to email them. Find more info here.
- Coping with Stress and Anxiety. This is a three-session workshop by Chia-Chen Tu for students who are feeling overwhelmed by academic demands and who want to learn effective ways to manage stress and practice general self-care. Learn techniques on stress and anxiety management, meditation practice and general self-care.
- Session 1: Tuesdays 4:30-6 (October 16th, 23rd and 30th)
- Session 2: Tuesdays 4:30-6 (November 6th, 13th and 20th)
- Mindfulness for Wellness. This workshop series by Anne Swenson is to help you be more mindful in your everyday life. By practicing mindfulness skills, you can improve your well-being including being better able to navigate stress, increasing your ability to focus, and feeling more connected. The workshop focuses on learning and practicing multiple forms of mindfulness, including suggested practices for you to complete between the workshop meetings. By the end of the workshop series, you can expect to have developed a personal mindfulness practice that you can continue after the workshop ends.
- Fridays, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM. (Oct. 19th, Oct. 26th, Nov. 2nd and Nov.9th)
- International Circle. Chia-Chen Tu will be facilitating a new group focusing on the needs of new international students on Fridays, 3:15 to 4:45pm (October 12-December 7). Group members will share cross-cultural experiences and reflect on a variety of topics, such as friendship/relationships, taboos and stereotypes, culture shock, holidays and traditions, educational systems around the world…etc. Participants will have the opportunity to practice English speaking in a relaxed and supportive environment. If you are interested in joining the group, please contact Tu directly.