Volunteers help the Pharmacy staff prepack medication using appropriate techniques, perform outdates checking in required areas, assist in maintaining department supplies for areas of use by staff, and follow Seattle Children’s policies and procedures.
Volunteers will work at all times under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist or Pharmacy technician.
Pharmacy Volunteer Requirements:
· Must be 18 years of age with High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
· Must commit to 100 hours of service on a regular weekly three-hour shift for a duration of at least 10 consecutive months including summer
· Must complete required vaccinations and consent to state background check
· Must have or acquire an active Washington State Pharmacy Assistant License
Volunteer Application Process (Pharmacy volunteers only; please see our website for other roles):
· Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application or to answer any questions
· Submit application and two letters of reference
· Volunteer Services will contact you to schedule an interview once all materials are received within two weeks of issuing application