- Corylus maxima ‘Atropurpurea Superba’ (Purple Leaf Filbert)
- Elaeagnus pungens ‘Maculata’ (Variegated Russian Olive)
- Garrya x issaquahensis ‘Pat Ballard’
- Lonicera fragrantissima (Winter Honeysuckle)
- Rhododendron mucronulatum (Korean Rhododendron)
This project will reclaim over 5,000 sq. ft. of bed space that is now detrimentally shaded by elm trees. It will also renew UW Landscape Architecture Professor Iain Robertson’s original 1987 Winter Garden design intent.
This renovation was made possible by a gift from the Arboretum Foundation, which was given to them from Lake Washington Garden Club, Unit 3.