Our contractor, NW Aquatic Eco-Systems, has scheduled initial spray applications to commence on July 31 – August 1. Another application will be scheduled week of August 6th. Postings of project and current spray dates are located at all public accessible waterfront locations. There will be a final follow-up application in September.
Lysimachia vulgaris, Garden Loosestrife, a non-native wetland species is invasive in this area. State listed as a class B noxious weed, it requires control by the land manager UW Botanic Gardens as mandated by King County Noxious Weed Control Board.
- Approximately 5 miles of shoreline property bordering Union Bay including Foster and Marsh Islands in the Washington Park Arboretum
- An initial and follow up spray application to occur between July 15 and October 1
- Both shoreline and land side application of the herbicide Renovate 3 (triclopyr), a selective broadleaf herbicide.
- Non toxic to fish and their food web.
- No significant risk to birds or mammals