Center for Urban Horticulture Rentals
The Center for Urban Horticulture, which is located on the northeastern edge of the University of Washington campus across from University Village, offers several spaces for meetings, lectures, classes, and social events. Surrounded by 16 acres of gardens and the 74-acre Union Bay Natural Area, the Center offers an unparalleled venue in the heart of Seattle. Featuring comfortable rooms, ample off-street parking, and beautiful, park-like surroundings, the Center is a great place to get away from urban stresses without leaving the city.
- Call or email the Rental Program Office to inquire about date availability: 206-221-2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a CUH Room Reservation Request Form to the Rental Program Office via mail or fax.
- You will then be required to submit an online Use of University Facilities(UUF) Form directly to the University of Washington, which is reviewed by the Use of University Facililties Committee.
- Once your reservation is approved, you will receive a written confirmation/ invoice of your reservation. We must receive the 25% partial payment deposit 14 days after your confirmation/invoice is sent to continue reserving your space.
- The remainder of your quoted rental fee and damage deposit is due 14 days prior to the beginning of your reserved date.
- In the case of last minute reservations (30 days or less, if space is available), full payment is due at time of booking.
At any time during the reservation process, please feel free to call or email us should you have any questions.
Forms & Additional Rental Information
Please contact the UWBG Rental Program Office at 206-221–2500 for reservation information and to schedule a tour.
- CUH Room Reservation Request Form
- Use of University of Facilities (UUF) Online Form
- Authorization to Apply for a Banquet Permit Form
- Renter Policies form for UW Botanic Gardens
- Caterer and Renter Guidelines/Kitchen Use Rules
- Decorations and Displays Policy
- Map to CUH
- Map of CUH Grounds
Facilities & Services
There are several spaces available in a variety of combinations to accommodate small to large events.
- Northwest Horticultural Society Hall (NHS Hall)
- Isaacson Boardroom
- Isaacson Classroom
- Douglas Classroom
- Outdoor Areas
- Greenhouse space
- Main conference and reception hall
- Seats up to 200 with tables and chairs or 300 standing room-only
- Large retractable projector screen
- Built-in P.A. system
- Can be partitioned into three areas (and rented separately)
- Catering kitchen: oven, six burners, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher and restaurant-style coffeemaker
- Opens onto McVay Courtyard
- Seats 40 in a classroom style and up to 80 with chairs only
- Counter with sink
- Located in the Conservatory and opens to an atrium with tropical plants
- Polished concrete flooring
- Air conditioning
Each room has at no charge:
- Wireless Internet connection
- Whiteboards and screens (most rooms)
Available for Additional Charge:
- LCD Projectors
- Slide projectors
- Overhead projectors
- Wireless microphone
- TV and VCR
For evening and weekend events, we have an on-site Event Staff Assistant that is responsible for set-up/breakdown (CUH-owned tables and chairs only), vacuuming. They also provide assistance for any facility-related issues including AV equipment troubleshooting and security.
- Surrounded by trees
- Open grassy lawn
- Suitable for wedding ceremonies
- Separate entrance
- Includes up to 50 parking spaces
- Suitable for tailgating and picnicking
- Formal garden with fountain
- Grassy slope
- Suitable for wedding ceremonies
- Required UW Affiliation: If your group is not directly affiliated with the University of Washington, sponsorship by a UW department is required for meetings and conferences. For social events, the person making the room reservation request must be a UW student, alumnus, member staff, or have an immediate family member that meets one of these criteria.
- Event ending time: Renters must vacate the premises by 11 p.m. unless special arrangements are made.
- Alcohol: It is the responsibility of the renting party to apply for a UW Banquet Permit to serve alcohol. We can advise you on this process.
All rental fees are quoted per event and are determined primarily by the type and length of event.
A partial payment deposit in the amount of 25% of the total rental fee is due two weeks after receipt of confirmation and invoice.
The remaining 75% of the rental fee and a refundable damage deposit are due 14 days prior to the day of the reserved date.
- All cancellations are subject to a $75 cancellation processing fee.
- The room use fee is refundable (minus cancellation fee) if cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to the reserved date.
- The room use fee is 50% refundable if cancellation is made 31-60 days prior to the reserved date.
- Room use fees are non-refundable for cancellations made 30 days or less prior to the reserved date.
- For all social events, the 25% deposit is nonrefundable.
The UW Douglas Research Conservatory Greenhouse at the UW Botanic Gardens provides an excellent place to grow your plants. Our greenhouse offers year-round controlled heat and lighting. Growing medium, pots, and weekend watering are included with your rental fee. Pest control is included and administered by a certified pest control operator on the UW staff in coordination with you. Plus, hassle-free parking and easy access to the greenhouse make the facility user-friendly.
Greenhouse bench space is available by the month with a minimum of one unit (12 square feet) for $60. Space is rented by the month in unit increments of 12 square feet. There is a one-time orientation fee of $50. To inquire, contact Lauren at 206-685-1706 or by email. Immediate occupancy is available. Happy Growing! RENTAL INFORMATION FOR UW STUDENTS & FACULTY.
The bee yard at the Center for Urban Horticulture sits within the Research Grounds, a secure area to the south of Douglas Research Conservatory. Traditionally, beekeepers paid land rent for their hives with honey, but at the University of Washington a formal rental agreement is required and the charge is $10 per month for a 6’ x 8’ parcel. The newly established apiary is for independent hobbyist beekeepers who are interested in developing skills in hive management such as queen rearing and mating. The CUH apiary is well located facing east and south for the preferred full sun. It also offers an abundance of nectar and pollen sources. To inquire about the UWBG apiary at CUH, contact Lauren Fortune, Facilties & Rental Program, at 206-685-1706 or email@example.com
Thursday, 17-Oct-2013 11:45:04 PDT