Tacoma Art Museum (TAM) seeks energetic and approachable team members to fulfill daily operations of the Admissions desk and gallery security. Ideal candidates will have a background in customer service, be able to maintain a positive attitude under stress, and have an enthusiastic and amiable demeanor to provide a positive museum experience for visitors.
The Visitor Services Representative will be responsible for operation of the admission desk, including answering visitor questions and transferring phone calls. The Visitor Services Representative will also sell tickets for museum events and ensure accurate cash handling and reconciliation. The representative will demonstrate proactive problem-solving and resolution of visitor issues.
Other duties include fulfilling gallery security functions to protect the art on display and assist in resolving emergency situations when necessary. The representative will maintain the appearance and tidiness and functionality of the admission desk, public spaces, and Visitor Services storage areas.
This position will work closely with and report to the Visitor Services Lead daily.
- College degree preferred
- At least one year customer service, retail, or similar experience
- Cash handling expertise
- Solid organization and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to team approach and ability to collaborate openly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with computer systems
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, visual)
- An interest in studio art, art history, or museum field preferred
- Must be able to work evening and weekend hours, as assigned
Read more about this opportunity on their website: http://www.tacomaartmuseum.org/about-us/employment/visitor-services-representative/