The National Society of Arts and Letters (NSAL) is offering a scholarship named as “the Naomi Rabb Winston Scholarship in Two-Dimensional Art”. The annual scholarship is open to young visual artists between the ages of 16 and 22 and who have demonstrated exceptional talent and promise of future success.
The applicant must:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 16 years old, but not older than 22 by February 1, 2017.
- Not be a previous recipient of a Winston Scholarship in Two-Dimensional Art.
How to Apply:
Both candidates (Art & Voice) can mail and email their complete applications with a copy of birth certificate and CD or flash drive featuring 5 artworks, prints of the artworks/the link to your uploaded YouTube video to an NSAL Chapter.(See Chapter Contacts for addresses and emails.)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- NSAL Chapters select students each spring to compete at the national level, where as many as eight to ten scholarships are awarded in varying amounts, up to a maximum amount of $5,000.
- Both scholarships must be used for private study, special training, or personal advancement in the applicant’s art medium or vocal career, this may include workshops, voice teachers, summer programs, etc., but may not include college tuition, housing, or travel.
- Recipients have 15 months to use their scholarships.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2017.