This position will begin during or before Fall Quarter 2017. To apply, please submit your resume and brief cover letter demonstrating your interest in the position via HuskyJobs (ID 111678). Address cover letters to Malia Trick, Administrator.
Help us support great scholarship projects in the humanities.The Simpson Center invites applications for part-time student assistants, 8-18 hours per week.
- Front desk reception coverage
- Assist in maintaining Center spaces
- Assist with production & distribution of flyers, conference programs & email correspondence
- Format/edit publicity materials
- Assist with mailing list maintenance
- Maintain publicity archive, stationery inventory, and supplies
- Manage Center bulletin boards
- Organize & track office supplies
- Provide event support, including occasional evening hours
- Other duties as assigned
The Student Assistant is a part-time position at 8-18 hours per week. Hours are negotiated on a quarterly basis depending on the your class schedule and the Simpson Center’s needs.
- Must be an undergraduate student enrolled for at least 6 credits or a graduate student enrolled for at least 4 credits at the UW Seattle Campus
- Experience with Adobe InDesign
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment and initiative
- Ability to work cooperatively with other students and Simpson Center staff
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – editing and proofreading ability, with attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with standard office equipment such as printers, copiers, fax machines, and scanners
- Work-study eligible
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Familiarity with basic web design and editing (HTML, Dreamweaver) a plus.
- Interest in the humanities and the mission of the Simpson Center
For more information, visit: https://simpsoncenter.org/about/jobs