The Vera Project is an all-ages volunteer-fueled music and arts venue located in the Seattle Center campus. By engaging participants in a wide spectrum of music production and community organizing, Vera fulfills its mission to foster a participatory creative culture through popular music concerts, arts programs, experiential learning and volunteer opportunities for all ages, especially young people.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator facilitates Vera marketing, community relations, social media and communications efforts. The position reports to the Executive Director, and works with the Talent Buyer and Development Coordinator to plan and execute all marketing, promotions, and communication for the organization. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic, and highly organized, have an interest in media and communications, especially where they intersect with the music and arts nonprofit industries. We seek someone who is ready to fiercely embody the meaning of VERA, which stands for ‘Veri Et Recti Amici,’ meaning ‘True and Sincere Friends.’
The Vera Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, queer, transgender, and nonbinary folks are encouraged to apply. VERA is committed to providing an inclusive space, open to all ages, genders, races, cultures, religions, abilities, etc. and asks all members to sign our Participation Agreement to verify their commitment and accountability to our shared values.
Some key Responsibilities
● Maintains weekly and long-term marketing plans and promotes Vera’s concerts, classes, programs and events
● Supports programming, fundraising and outreach events
● Ensures timely and creative use of social media platform, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, adding new platforms as needed
● Ensures weekly updates to the Vera Project mailing list and blog
● Develops marketing materials and creates content for website, weekly ad in the Stranger, and more
● Prepare marketing plans for each show booked for promoters approval
● Assists with outreach to local businesses and organizations to develop strategic partnerships and sponsorship
● Supervises Marketing & Communications Intern & Graphic Design Intern
● Serves as main media contact and identifies and cultivates new media relationships & sponsorship
● Creates and sends press releases, writes copy and creates graphic design
● Knowledge of media relations, marketing and communications practices
● Excellent written communication skills
● Strong attention to detail
● Project management experience
● Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively
● Excellent time management skills and ability to meet & prioritize deadlines
● Functional knowledge of local, national, popular and independant music.
● Familiarity with Seattle’s music and arts community
● Familiarity with social media platforms
● Microsoft Office proficiency
● Must work occasional weekends and evenings to attend events
Hours & Compensation 25 hrs/week, $14/hr
For more information, please visit: https://theveraproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Marketing-Communications-Coordinator-Job-Description-2017.docx.pdf.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com .
Position is open until filled. Applications received on or before November 27th will be given priority consideration.