As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a “Great College to Work For” for four consecutive years.
The College of the Environment has an outstanding opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join our Marketing and Communications team. The designer will get to work on a professional and fun marketing and communications team, and also partner with fascinating faculty from across the College. This position helps tell the College’s most compelling stories and leverage striking visuals to reach key audiences like prospective students and donors.
The designer will help implement the College’s visual brand identity across multiple media and is responsible for the visual and tangible execution of designs destined for print, the web, social media and more. The designer is responsible for the conception and production of the design, layout, and final art production of visual communications projects, including but not limited to reports, newsletters, HTML email, GIFs, infographics, website designs, photography, video, illustrations, brochures, presentations, event collateral, and signage. This position reports to the Managing Director of Marketing & Communications.
• Develop and provide original graphic design work, from conceptual to layout to printer-ready/web-ready art; work closely with team members to design and implement clear compelling representations of complex data in multiple formats.
• Work with communications and marketing team to solidify and extend the College’s visual brand.
• Manage and/or follow project plans, design components, and timelines.
• Coordinate the work of contract illustrators and designers as needed; select and manage of print vendors; Manage print processes with external vendors. Attend press checks.
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please visit our website, click here.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Art, or a related field. Equivalent experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
• A minimum of two years’ experience in graphic design
• Demonstrated stylistic breadth and creativity
• Strong understanding of the principles of design, typography, photography and color for print and web
• Knowledge of printing processes, paper stocks and proofing methods
• Experience creating designs for social media and online efforts
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work both independently and part of a creative team
• Strong understanding of branding concepts; experience working within defined brand standards
• Self-motivated, pro-active, adaptable, quick leaner with keen attention to detail; able to work at high standards in a high-energy environment
• Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills; strong cross-boundary collaboration skills and intrapersonal awareness; demonstrated ability to work with technical and non-technical faculty and staff
• Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Suite 6+ and other Mac-based applications, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and HTML email programs
• Interest in environmental science and policy
• A valid driver’s license due to regular and recurring trips to printers to check on print material production.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except where there are legal requirements such as license/certification/registration.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=154637