Eighth Generation, the first Native-owned company to offer wool blankets, is searching for a self-starter with a general awareness of the Native experience, history and art to work at the Eighth Generation studio in Seattle’s International District. This position will support our Studio Manager to conduct a broad range of tasks related to storage, production and distribution of Eighth Generation products.
- $14 per hour starting wage
- Seattle (SODO) location
- 20 – 40 hours per week
- Negotiable hours
- Starts ASAP
- Maintain orderly and safe work environment
- Assemble product components to high efficiency and quality standards
- Pack and ship orders
- Operate various computer based machines and equipment (training provided)
- Ability to work independently for long periods of time.
- Hand dexterity to assemble phone case and jewelry components
- Ability to follow safety protocol
- Ability to operate a pallet jack
- Ability to efficiently organize work space
- Experience in producing art is a plus
- Ability to regularly lift 25+ pound boxes, and 50+ as needed
- Strong general awareness of the Native experience
- Understanding of Eighth Generation values and business practices
- Ability to learn basics of programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Shipping/Receiving apps.
- Ability to pass a background check
How to Apply
- Send Resume and Statement of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open until filled