2020’s conference will mark another historic milestone: the 50th anniversary of SNAG’s first conference. Since the original group of smiths came together at the organization’s first conference in 1970, the impact continues to resonate in the organization as SNAG endeavors to positively influence and enhance the livelihood of its large membership. While the 2019 Conference in Chicago celebrated SNAG’s 50th birthday and reflected on the last fifty years, in 2020 we will turn our focus to the future.
In keeping with the theme of the conference, SNAG’s 2019 Juried Student Exhibition, entitled “Grit to Gold” will focus on the future of the field.
The exhibition will be held at University of the Arts in Philadelphia during the 2020 SNAG Conference, May 20-23.
•Best in Show – $50 in Trunk Show Bucks and a ¼ page ad in Metalsmith, which will be highlighted throughout the year within SNAG marketing
•2 Honorable Mentions – $25 Trunk Show Bucks and SNAG Swag Bag
Additionally, Metalsmith will run a one page highlight featuring the Best in Show winner and the two Honorable Mentions. The highlight will run in issue 4 of vol. 40 which publishes in Fall 2020.
All matriculating or non-matriculating students, part time or full time, under the direction of faculty in any North American institution are welcome to apply. Images of up to three pieces of original artwork relating to the exhibition theme and created between January 2019 and January 2020 may be submitted for consideration. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. Artworks included in previous SNAG student exhibitions are not eligible. Students must provide the name(s) of metal faculty teaching at their institution. SNAG membership is not required.
- Submit all application materials electronically through CaFÉ™ at www.callforentry.org Only applications submitted through CaFÉ™ will be accepted. Extended deadline: Midnight MST, January 27, 2020.
For detailed instructions on using the site, click on CaFÉ™ Help. If this page does not address your needs, please contact CaFÉ™ Monday through Friday, between 8:30 am and 5 pm Mountain Time. Technical support is also available via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is a non-refundable entry fee: $25 for current SNAG student members (use discount code STUDENT20) and $35 for student non-members. There is no additional fee to use the CaFÉ™ online application system.
- Artists must submit their digital images via www.callforentry.org and according to the CaFÉ™ specifications. Instructions on how to format images to CaFÉ™ specifications can be found online. Entries submitted by any method other than through www.callforentry.org will NOT be accepted.
- Submit one to three images of work. All work must be accompanied by title, material, dimensions, and year of completion.
- Artists must also submit:
- Artist statement (250 word maximum)
- One-page resume
- Name of institution/program of study and faculty
*All decisions of the jurors are final. All work must be original. By completing this application artist agrees that he/she is responsible for the creation of submitted works.
By submitting images for jurying the artist agrees to the following:
- SNAG has the right to retain, duplicate, and use these images for the purpose of marketing and for display.
- Their images being used as stated here is without further contact or compensation from SNAG.
- All terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.
Questions? Contact email@example.com