THE ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM AT POTTERY NORTHWEST
A residency at Pottery Northwest is an opportunity to grow as a ceramic artist, to engage in our thriving community and to provide a platform to develop your work and support your career. Applicants are chosen for the quality of their work, a perceived potential for growth, and the ability/willingness to actively contribute to the community within the studio. Residencies include studio space for six months to two years, a yearly firing stipend, and exhibition opportunities.
What you can expect from us:
- 100 square foot semi-private studio space
- $750 annual firing & materials stipend
- 24-hour access to a complete communal ceramics studio
- Teaching opportunities on a quarterly basis with competitive pay
- Opportunity to apply for up to $10,000 through the Wally Bivins Resident Artist Project Grant
- Exhibition opportunities, including a solo exit show
- Immersion in engaging & exciting community with 5-8 peer artists, strong student base, and visiting artists
What we expect from you:
- Focus on producing quality work. A minimum of 20-hours a week of active studio time is required.
- Contribute to the culture by engaging in gallery openings, attending and giving artist talks, supporting fellow residents, and engaging students and guests
- Assist with studio maintenance (quarterly clean ups & weekly 1 hour shop jobs)
- Contribute work for fundraising events on consignment
- Participate in fundraising events, including the donation of collaborative work and labor