The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
The Burke Museum has an outstanding opportunity for a Temporary, Part-Time Preservation & Museum Specialist 1.
Under the general supervision of the BurkeMobile Program Manager, the Museum Educator for BurkeMobile is responsible for the delivery of a variety of educational programs designed to bring Burke educators and resources to schools and organizations throughout Washington State. Audiences served by these programs include PreK-12th grade students, teachers, and families. Program content areas include earth science, life science, and Native American cultures of the Pacific Northwest, highlighting Burke collections and research. The Burke Museum Education Department is committed to making the natural world and cultural heritage of Washington State accessible to all learners. We aim to connect the familiar to the unfamiliar, to foster curiosity for the world around us, and to support a life-long love of learning.
- Present BurkeMobile programs in PreK-12 schools, libraries and other community events;
- Assist with program preparation and travel logistics to ensure successful program delivery, including: restocking consumable materials, making pre-visit calls to clients, planning for travel and set-up time for program delivery, booking accommodations for overnight travel to program locations, and interfacing with school staff, volunteers, and program contacts when offsite during program delivery;
- Assist with maintenance of teaching collections and program materials;
- Working with the BurkeMobile Program Manager and other Education staff, develop activities and hands-on materials for educational programs as needed;
- Represent the Burke at offsite programs and events;
- Provide support for other education programs, both onsite and offsite, including facilitation. Other education programs include family programs and events, summer camps, and school/group field trips to the museum;
- Observe other education programs offered by the Burke in order to gain a thorough understanding of the work of Burke Education and develop/grow your teaching practice;
- Provide exceptional customer service to all Burke Education clients;
- Other duties as assigned.
For full job description and to apply, click here.