Title: Freelance CAD Designer for Start-Up Products
Duration: Anticipated engagement for 2 – 3 months. Engagement may be extended.
Compensation: $20 – 30/ hour, depending on experience.
Description of the Project: Partner with a start-up design and development company and apply your 3D drafting and design expertise. We’re taking a brand new product from initial concept through prototype through manufacturing and we’re looking for a CAD designer to join us. This product will be drafted in 3D and then cut in a CNC machine. The product is new, so we anticipate collaborating back and forth to generate an initial prototype and refine the design and design details. We’re looking for a partnership, and we welcome your creative spirit.
Duties & Expectations
• Real passion for collaborative design approaches
• Ability to take an initial product sketch and draft a 3D design in a CAD program, using an iterative process to refine the 3D design
• Confident in Solidworks, Rhino, or other parametric CAD programs
• Excitement for digging into product details and designing for scale and manufacturability
• Collaborative attitude and willing to receive and provide feedback
• Advocate for improvements at any turn!
Schedule Availability: This project will not have set hours; timing can be flexible. We expect to meet a few times a week during regular business hours (between 9am – 5pm) for 2 – 3 months. Some weeks may require more time, some less. All meetings will be conducted via video conference for the time being.
To apply: Send your resume, contact info, and two work samples to email@example.com. Note: this is a brand new start-up and you won’t see a web presence yet. Feel free to reach out over email. We’re happy to answer questions.
Deadline: Applications accepted on a rolling basis.