OComm Internship Application 2020-2021
The ASUW Office of Communications (OComm) is looking for FOUR interns to help support our creative and marketing efforts to produce a high-quality and accessible image that serve our organization’s mission and 25+ entiies. As the voice of the student body on campus, as well as being the oldest nonprofit in the state of Washington, we have a responsibility to uphold and expand our Association’s visibility to all students, making sure that we are actively representing and serving all student voices on campus. We are currently recruiting TWO social media & marketing interns and TWO design & multimedia interns for the 2020-2021 school year to join our team of seven.
ASUW is entirely student-led so you’ll be working alongside your awesome peers and will be connected with an incredible network of employees, interns, and volunteers just like you!
– Ability to commit 3-5 hours a week throughout the 2020-2021 academic year
– Ability to self-direct and work independently, and with a team
– Creative and innovative spirit
– Ability to work under time constraints
– Commitment to having fun and learning along the way!
*Students from all disciplines are encouraged to apply*
Applications are due by Sunday, October 25th 2020 at 11:59 PM
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING INTERNSHIP:
Are you interested in gaining experience with content management, social media outreach, and marketing strategies?
The ASUW Office of Communications is looking for TWO motivated interns to help support growing our presence on social media and expanding our brand’s identity as we navigate the new school-from-home landscape we’re living in. These interns will work directly with the Communications Director to advertise ASUW services and opportunities in creative, engaging ways. If you’re looking to gain experience in advocacy and marketing and build your skills in outreach & engagement, this is the opportunity for you!
Responsibilities of the OComm intern will include coordinating social media posts, organizing awareness campaigns, analyzing digital marketing operations, crafting public relations efforts, assisting in the development of creative assets, and many more.
– Interest in marketing, communications, public relations
– Excellent verbal and written communication
– Willingness to actively participate in promotional campaigns
– Experience working with social media account(s) preferred
– Skills/experience in public speaking, copy editing, photography, videography, web design, journalism (please attach portfolio or sample if available on the Google Form Application)
DESIGN & MULTIMEDIA INTERNSHIP:
Are you interested in getting hands-on experience working with design ideation, brand-driven content development, and gain skills as a creative professional?
The ASUW Office of Communications is looking for TWO motivated interns who will work directly with our team’s Visual Designers and Multimedia Coordinator to create and organize promotional materials for our student government. This is a great opportunity for students looking to gain skills and experience in creating a communicative and cohesive product from start to finish. whether it be a poster, a promotional video, social media graphic, animation, or headshots of constituents; you will learn the skills to maintain and attractive and consistent brand such as the ASUW!
Responsibilities for the OComm design intern will include working with staff designers to create and assist with marketing materials for OComm and various ASUW entities, ensuring high-quality products are created in a timely manner, and maintaining consistency with the established ASUW brand. This will involve practice and projects with photo/video editing, collaborating with designers, as well as potentially animation and sound editing.
– Experience in visual design and/or multimedia production
– Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
– Familiarity with audio/video platforms such as Adobe Premiere, FinalCut, etc
– Ability to ideate and visualize design requests with strong output
– Ability to ensure brand consistency throughout all marketing materials
REQUIRED: Submit a portfolio of your work (link to website or PDF upload)
Must be a UW student enrolled in at least 6 credits or on leave as defined by
Executive Order 50.
*Application closes Sunday, October 25th 2020 at 11:59 PM*
Any questions or concerns can be sent to Communications Director David Frantz at firstname.lastname@example.org