Gage Academy of Art is looking for Art Teaching Assistants for the 2021 Summer Youth Programs.
Gage is committed in building a vibrant visual-arts community in the Northwest through programs that educate, enrich and engage artists and the public. Gage Youth Programs offer practical art instruction in drawing, painting, digital and 3-D design for 6 to 18-year olds. The curriculum encourages students to explore new materials and techniques, develop creative problem-solving skills and to celebrate self-expression. Gage Youth Programs is dedicated to providing engaging, age-appropriate classes that enable young artists to be seen and heard.
Youth Summer Programs Teaching Assistants
1. Kids (ages 6-12)
3. Teen (ages 13-14)
5. Teen Intensive Programs (ages 15-18)
Teaching Assistants provide Gage youth instructors with overall classroom support to create a positive, supportive & engaging art experience for kids & teens ages 6-18.
Experience working with youth a must!
June 21st – September 3rd 2021
Monday – Friday (25 – 30+ per hours/week)
$16.69 /HR Position
Located at 1501 10th Ave E, Seattle WA 98102
– Experience working with youth required.
– Artistic background with knowledge of art materials a plus.
– Ability to engage youth in art making activities.
– Knowledge of Zoom, Padlet and other distance learning tools.
– Team player & problem-solver with ability to prioritize duties.
– Detail-oriented, fun and creative, energetic, warm, good planner and self-starter, loves teens or kids!
– CPR/First Aid certifie
– Set up & break down studios daily/weekly.
– Create a clean environment where kids and teens can safely enjoy themselves.
– Supervise youth artists to ensure positive and safe learning atmosphere.
– Provide instructors with hands-on classroom support.
– Assist instructor with overall classroom management.
– Manage online classrooms through zoom and other online platforms.
– Provide one-to-one assistance & feedback to students, as needed.
– Mediate/ solve in-classroom conflicts (e.g. disruptive behavior).
– Work cooperatively with instructors & other teaching assistants.
– Create an inclusive environment for all.
– Maintain professional relationship with students, parents, & Gage staff.
– Manage, gather and organize supplies for instructor daily; monitor supply/materials usage.
– Provide structured activities for the Creative Care program: Monday – Friday from 8am-9:15am OR 3:30pm-5pm. (kids assistants only)
*Please Note: This position requires the ability to lift heavy objects (tables, easels,
model stands, etc), sweep and mop floors, empty trash, and other clean up duties as
Training & Preparation:
– Preliminary orientation. Workshop preparation, including organizing supplies (before summer session) and clean up (after summer session)
– Participate in one pre-meeting and one post-meeting with workshop instructors to provide workshop continuity and feedback.
– Attend CPR/First Aid Training prior to summer session.
To apply, e-mail email@example.com with an attached cover letter & resume outlining relevant experience and noting age preference by March 15th 2021.