Inclusive. Impactful. Inventive.
Calling all UW students from all campuses!
Do you have an innovative idea that would enhance the UW student experience? The Husky Seed Fund has the resources to make your idea a reality! Created by students for students, The Husky Seed Fund provides up to $5,000 for you, or a small team, to pursue your passions and bring your projects to life.
Awardees develop project management and leadership skills while they execute impactful and inventive strategies to elevate the Husky Experience. This is a truly unique opportunity to strengthen the entire Husky community by promoting inclusivity and helping to make all students feel that they have a home at the UW. A previously funded project which has received statewide recognition is the Husky Cookbook.
We are also proud to support the 2020 winners:
- How Huskies Heal: Broadening interpretations of healing
- Indigenous Walking Tour: A guide to the Indigenous presence on the UW Seattle Campus
- Digital Humanities Day: Studying humanities in the 21st century
The Husky Experience Student Advisory Council encourages all students to explore the Husky Seed Fund website, attend an information session, and/or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see the impact of previously funded projects and stay up to date on award news!
- All UW undergraduate, graduate and professional students from any campus are encouraged to apply.
- Applications can be individual or team-based.
- All team members must be in good academic standing (each with a minimum 2.5 GPA for undergraduates and 3.0 for graduate and professional students).
- Projects must involve a UW faculty or staff member as a mentor.
Information Sessions and Application Writing Workshops:
Get all of your questions answered wherever you are! These hour-long information sessions will be available for free, remote streaming via Zoom for all UW students.
- Tuesday, March 9: 4:30 p.m., Zoom meeting ID: 956 894 9283
- Wednesday, March 10: 4:30 p.m., Zoom meeting ID: 956 894 9283
- Applications open: February 24, 2021
- Applications close: March 30, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
- Semi-finalists will be contacted on April 8, 2021 and invited for interviews