Alan R. Spence Scholarships for Transfer Students – Apply by Feb. 16!
- Get details at https://new.expo.uw.edu/expo/scholarships/Spence
- Apply by Feb. 16 at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/apply/656
This year, the Spence Fund will award 3-4 scholarships of $1000 each to current UW Seattle undergraduate students who entered UW as transfer students during previous quarters (please see eligibility details below).
The Alan R. Spence Transfer Support Fund was established to support transfer students in their educational pursuits at the University of Washington. Dr. Spence had a long career as an educational leader at several Washington state community colleges, including 24 years at Pierce College. Valuing the community college system as a place where student can begin their journey through higher education regardless of their circumstances and backgrounds, Dr. Spence worked tirelessly to ensure that institutional barriers would not impeded a student’s ability to be successful.
- Applicants must be Washington State residents who are US citizens or permanent residents; or undocumented students who are Washington State residents and DACA-eligible or WASFA-eligible.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum of 36 credits at a WA State community college by the time they matriculate at UW Seattle. Students who hold an Associate’s degree are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be UW Seattle matriculated students during the 2021-22 academic year, who have completed at least one quarter at UW by the deadline.
- Applicants must be studying toward their first bachelor’s degree(s).
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need as defined by the Office of Student Financial Aid. (Students in unusual financial situations may apply, but must explain these circumstances in the additional comments section of the application.)
- Running Start students are not eligible if they entered UW as a Freshman Admit.
Please find additional details and application information athttps://new.expo.uw.edu/expo/scholarships/Spence.