Jumpstart is currently hiring several leadership positions to help us in our mission to prepare preschoolers for kindergarten. Members have the unique opportunity to inspire young children to learn, serve in a local community, collaborate with others on a team, and build professional skills. All members receive high quality training to help them implement Jumpstart’s outcome-based program, promote children’s school success, and build family engagement. This position serves vulnerable populations, i.e. preschool children.
Click on the roles below for position descriptions, benefits, and how to apply! Start dates vary, but all positions are completed by June 9, 2023. If AmeriCorps, expected end date is June 9th or until 300 hours is reached.
All positions have potential to earn academic credit toward a Leadership minor with LEAD 298A. Only selected members may enroll in LEAD 298A in Fall and Winter quarter. Add code required.
*Team Leaders and Corps Members will be able to record themselves for EDUC courses that require in-class teaching recordings. This is dependent on children’s Family Consent Forms, which are collected by Jumpstart staff. UW students do not need to submit their own consent forms, but are required to notify preschool teachers and their Jumpstart supervisor.
- Start date: September 28, 2022 (onboarding process may occur before this day).
- Team Leader (14 openings; 10-19 hours/week, $18/hour Federal Work Study, earn Education Award of $1,374.60)
- Student Equity Officer (1-2 opening, 10-19 hours/week, $18/hour Federal Work Study)
- Community Engagement Coordinator (1 opening, 10-19 hours/week, $18/hour Federal Work Study, earn Education Award of $1,374.60)
- Start date: October 17, 2022 (onboarding process occurs before this day).
If this is you, consider applying today! Positions are open until filled, but those who submit application materials by September 23, 2022 will receive priority in screening and selection process.