Seattle Art Fair Temporary Assistant
Seattle Art Fair, taking place from July 27-30 at Lumen Field, is looking for an enthusiastic and personable Temporary Assistant to assist with event support for the fair. Duties will range from front of house support during the event to general production needs in the lead-up to the fair.
This position would be needed starting on Tuesday, July 26 and run through Monday, July 31.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Exhibitor/visitor services support
- Man the front desk to assist with general questions from visitors and exhibitors
- Assist with press check-in
- Re-stock printed maps and brochures at the front desk
- Point out directions for ticketing, restrooms, event areas…etc.
- Help set-up the media pavilion and maintain stock by unwrapping and shelving print magazines on the bookshelves
- Check-in guests arriving for VIP events
- Help organize tour schedule and ensure guests arrive to the meeting location for each tour
- Production Support
- Assist fair team with various production duties
- Set up and distribute exhibitor booth and VIP lounge needs
- Assist fair team in placement of booth and project signage
- Assist with product inventory
- Light lifting and set-up
- Local errands
Your knowledge & skills:
- Candidates must be motivated and have an outgoing personality
- Knowledge and interest in contemporary art
- Previous customer service experience is helpful
- Prior events experience is preferred but not required
- Candidates with interest, experience, and/or knowledge of the arts will be given priority focus
- Strong English verbal communication skills
- Must be authorized to work and be paid in the United States
- Must be able to be on your feet for multiple hours a day and move, pull, or carry 25 lbs.
- This position is paid at $20 per hour. Flexibility in schedule is required. Car and driver’s license is preferred.
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seattle Art Fair is an equal opportunity employer.