Minor in Computational Finance Requirements
Total required credits: 29 – 30
- Core Courses (15 credits):
- CFRM 405
- CFRM 410
- CFRM 415
- CFRM 420*
- CFRM 425
- Additional Requirements (14-15 credits):
- MATH 125, or MATH 135, or equivalent
- MATH 126, or MATH 136, or equivalent
- STAT 311 or STAT 390
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA for courses applied to the minor.
*Substitution allowed: ECON 424 for CFRM 420 (resulting in additional two credits earned). No other substitutions are permitted.
Please see your undergraduate advisor to enroll in the Computational Finance minor; there is no department admissions requirement or application process required. Additional information regarding undergraduate minors at the University of Washington can be found here. CFRM courses taken cannot apply to both the Computational Finance minor and the Applied Mathematics minor.
Quantitative Fundamentals Certificate overlap
- Any matriculated UW student who took a CFRM course prior to the start of the minor (winter 2019) can pursue the Quantitative Fundamentals Certificate or the Computational Finance minor, but not both.
- Any matriculated UW student who took their first CFRM course once the minor began (winter 2019) is only eligible for the Computational Finance minor, not the Quantitative Fundamentals Certificate.
- Any matriculated UW student not eligible for the Computational Finance minor, such as some graduate students, can still pursue the Quantitative Fundamentals Certificate.
Please contact us or email email@example.com with any questions.