The University of Washington has recognized MEDEX Class 51 student Sarah Larson for her impact on campus, in community and the future. Her natural compassion for working in underserved communities has resulted in an activist, someone who is taking steps to change policies that limit access to healthcare.April 19, 2019
A physician assistant since 1984, Grace Landel was faculty at MEDEX Northwest for 20 years. During that time, she shepherded some 1,300 students through the program. Most notable were her efforts to bring the MEDEX PA program to Sitka, Alaska, a model that was repeated at satellite campuses in Yakima and Spokane. Known nationwide for her impact on the PA profession, Grace is the Program Director for the joint PA/MPH program at Touro University in Vallejo, CA.
Matt Grisso of MEDEX Spokane Class 21 has overcome some significant challenges on his way to PA school, including a physical injury. But this has only fortified him in his personal mission to help others, including a special focus on the veterans population with traumatic brain injury.
The first in his family to graduate college, Eric Svendsen worked in construction but found his passion for medicine. It was his years as an EMT in Tennessee that exposed him to poverty and poor health outcomes. Working on a mobile medical van in Coeur D’Alene during his clinical year at MEDEX, Eric finds an affinity for addressing the needs of the homeless and underserved.
- Tim Quigley, MPH, PA-C Something I Felt Passionate About Since I was a Kid
- Iryna Kylyukh Passing The Torch– Mother to Daughter, Feldsher to Physician Assistant
- MEDEX 2018 Graduations MEDEX 2018 Graduations: Having A Full Day
- Don Coerver, PA-C: MEDEX Lifetime Achievement Award 2018
- 2018 Incoming Student Class Something We Live and Breathe
- Incoming Class 2017 MEDEX Incoming Class 2017: Healthcare As A Team Sport
- Interprofessional Education Making Things A Bit Easier For Everyone
- MEDEX Tacoma Foot Project MEDEX Tacoma Foot Project
- Eric Anderies and Jessica Anderies Professional Carers, Lifelong Sharers
- Nicole Bazar Flourishing in Family Practice
- Lena Redkina, PA-C Without Them, I Wouldn’t Be Here
- Coty Holm and Anna Zakharova A Venerable Legacy of Veterans as PAs
- Paul Hastings Knowing What Right Looks Like
- Robert Jackson The Mission Hasn’t Changed