Jenna Warren sings, writes music and plays instruments. She’s also embarked on a new career direction as a physician assistant. Turns out it’s this combination of right-brain and left-brain skills that make her a great candidate as a care provider. Life experience has allowed her to dabble in many realms such that she can engage patients on multiple levels apart from their illness.June 18, 2019
Assigned to a small FQHC health clinic in rural Idaho, David Hanson is making the most of his 4-month family medicine preceptorship in his clinical year with the MEDEX Spokane physician assistant program. He’s diagnosing and treating patients all under the supervision of another experienced MEDEX graduate, Scott Gibbs, PA-C.
Brooke Granstrom of MEDEX Spokane Class 21 takes her first steps out of the PA didactic classroom into clinical experience. That means hands-on with patients in rural Eastern Washington, including the inmates of the county jail. Alongside Brooke is her family practice preceptor, Jennifer Eickstadt, PA-C, who is herself a graduate of MEDEX Spokane Class 12. Through working with Jennifer, Brooke refines her skills for diagnosing and treating patients.
Launched in 1969 at the University of Washington in Seattle, MEDEX is the second oldest PA program in the U.S., and it remains the country’s largest civilian PA program. Born out of a serious doctor shortage, it was the vision of Dr. Richard A. Smith that helped launch the physician assistant profession. On the occasion of MEDEX’ 50th anniversary, this 20-minute video details the heroic path of Dr. Smith and others to bring PAs into the U.S. medical system.
- Grace Landel, M.Ed, PA-C Grace Landel, M.Ed, PA-C: 2019 MEDEX Lifetime Achievement Award
- Tim Quigley, MPH, PA-C Something I Felt Passionate About Since I was a Kid
- Iryna Kylyukh Passing The Torch– Mother to Daughter, Feldsher to Physician Assistant
- MEDEX 2018 Graduations MEDEX 2018 Graduations: Having A Full Day
- Don Coerver, PA-C: MEDEX Lifetime Achievement Award 2018
- 2018 Incoming Student Class Something We Live and Breathe
- Incoming Class 2017 MEDEX Incoming Class 2017: Healthcare As A Team Sport
- Interprofessional Education Making Things A Bit Easier For Everyone
- MEDEX Tacoma Foot Project MEDEX Tacoma Foot Project
- Lena Redkina, PA-C Without Them, I Wouldn’t Be Here
- Coty Holm and Anna Zakharova A Venerable Legacy of Veterans as PAs
- Paul Hastings Knowing What Right Looks Like
- Robert Jackson The Mission Hasn’t Changed