Projects are implemented through the issuance of Task Agreements/Orders against the PNW CESU’s Cooperative Agreement.
Please find agency-specific forms and information on their individual member page here.
Agreement overview for PNW CESU projects
- Project approval is noncompetitive between partners.
- All projects must have direct relevance to the PNW CESU mission.
- Projects are collaborative between federal agencies and institution partners; projects are not contractual.
- Partner institutions agree to a 17.5% overhead.
- Project funds may be transferred from a federal agency to an institution, but not directly between federal agencies, or from an institution to an agency. Mechanisms other than the CESU agreement are available for transferring funds between federal agencies.
Guidelines for faculty who want to pursue a project through the PNW CESU:
- Verify that your project is appropriate for the PNW CESU agreement.
- Contact the PNW CESU Representative for the agency you intend to work with.* Complete necessary agency procedures.
- Contact your institution’s grants administration staff or office of sponsored programs to learn more about necessary internal procedures, specifying that you will be using the PNW-CESU cooperative agreement. (Also see university contacts)
* Note that all projects involving the National Park Service must be developed with, and approved by, the National Park Service Senior Science Advisor.
Guidelines for agency managers or researchers who want to pursue a project through the PNW CESU:
- Verify that your project is appropriate for the PNW CESU agreement. The PNW CESU Representative for your agency can give final approval.
- Contact your agency’s procurement or contracting officer for necessary paperwork, specifying that you will be using the PNW CESU agreement:*
* Note that all projects involving the National Park Service must be developed with, and approved by, the National Park Service Research Coordinator.
- All project final reports are submitted to agency representatives as required and to the PNW CESU office. Please submit in PDF format.
- For projects without a final report, a final project abstract must be submitted.