May 30, 2017
USACE SOI: CE-QUAL W2 Model Support for Columbia and Snake River System
STATEMENTS OF INTEREST
PACIFIC NORTHWEST CESU
PROJECT TO BE INITIATED IN 2017
Full project SOI document located here.
Project Title: CE-QUAL W2 Model Support for Columbia and Snake River System
Responses to this Request for Statements of Interest will be used to identify potential investigators for a project to be funded by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Portland District. Approximately $80,000 is expected to be available to support this project for one (1) year. Additional funding maybe available at a rate of $80K/yr for up to 2 additional option years based on future R&D needs for a total of $240K for the full project.
Brief Description of Anticipated Work:
The Corps is seeking technical support for code updates and enhancements to the CE-QUAL W2 models as they are needed for model integration issues in the Columbia–Snake system. Some of these support tasks will include:
• Improve model documentation
• Work with ERDC’s version of CE-QUAL-W2 and integrate into one code base
• Assist with calibration of the Portland District’s existing Chief Joseph CE-QUAL-W2 model and incorporation into CRSO system model.
• Develop algorithms to improve the speed of model execution for a large system such as the Columbia Snake system model
• Develop algorithms for automating the model to reach targets for TDG and temperature
• Provide technical support and guidance for integration of CE-QUAL-W2 with HEC-RAS
• Provide support for bugs, work arounds, or training on different aspects of the CE-QUAL-W2 code to support the EIS water quality technical team
Please send responses or direct questions to:
Deberay R. Carmichael
U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC)
ERDC Contracting Office (ECO)
3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS 39180