The S.T.A.R. (Strategic Training and Recruitment) Program offers Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) training opportunities for individuals who excel at working in diverse communities.
They encourage people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans to apply and help them better represent communities they serve.
- High School Graduate or G.E.D.
- At least 18 years of age by the first day of class
- CPR Certification (training will be provided prior to start of class)
- Washington State Driver’s License
- Recipient must be able to provide transportation to and from class and clinical site
Emergency Medical Services Division will supply needed equipment and textbooks.
The selected candidates must have selected immunizations. Arrangements can be made to acquire these.
Training will last for 14 weeks.
Class location will be in Kent.
Applications Due: January 18th, 2019
Full Scholarship Opportunity!
For an application or additional information, please contact Andrew Burns: (206) 263-8743 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org