Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason is committed to winning the fight against autoimmune diseases such as type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease and multiple sclerosis, and immune system diseases such as allergies and asthma. BRI is an internationally recognized medical research institute that accelerates discovery by tackling questions from every angle, translating immunology breakthroughs into clinical therapies and healthier patients.
As a non-profit organization within the Virginia Mason Health System, BRI oversees all clinical research at Virginia Mason and BRI, uniquely combining the expertise of a world-renowned medical research institute with the remarkable care of a healthcare quality leader. BRI supports Virginia Mason clinical investigators in studies across a wide variety of diseases and conditions, such as cardiology and cancer, in addition to autoimmune diseases, allergy and asthma.
Position #: 2019-1559
Title: Research Assistant Department: Translational Research
Status: Full time
Responsibilities: The Research Assistant will work closely with the Translational Research Program study team to recruit and enroll participants, with and without autoimmune disease, conduct study visits and maintain study records in accordance with specified protocol and procedures for the Translational Research Program Immune Mediated Disease Registry and Repository.
• As part of a study team, assist with developing and carrying out recruitment strategies.
• Arrange, conduct and record study visits with participants to collect data and obtain biologic samples following strict protocols and processes. This may include blood draws, collecting vitals, obtaining tissue samples from standard of care procedures, screenings and in person interviews.
• Maintain accurate and concise participant records, ensuring completeness and accuracy of information. This includes manual and electronic documentation.
• Develop and maintain positive, professional communications with participants, scientists, medical providers and support staff.
• Complete various aspects of regulatory requirements including documentation and reporting.
• This is not a lab-based position.