Low-Cost Legal Representation After the Consultation
Many students decide to hire Student Legal Services (SLS) for ongoing representation and assistance after the free consultation – the same day, or next week, or next month, or next quarter, or even later. Depending on your case, our advocacy may include reviewing contracts, research, interviewing witnesses, negotiating with opposing parties, creating and filing legal documents, and representing you in court.
“I was very happy with the quality of my representation at my family law hearing, the preparation for it, and the advice I received in earlier consultations.”
Hiring Process, Fees, and Costs
After the free legal consultation, you may wish to retain SLS for further legal services. SLS reserves the right to choose which cases to accept for ongoing representation. To hire SLS, you review and sign our authorization and fee agreement and pay a $10 or $15 administrative fee. Our hourly fee currently starts at $15 per hour. A few client matters are billed at higher rates. The client also pays all costs of litigation, including filing fees and service of process. A waiver or reduction of the SLS hourly fee may be available for students with exceptional financial hardship who make a written request and disclose required financial information.
Students often hire SLS for these types of legal matters
- Landlord/tenant disputes
- Consumer and credit issues
- Marital or relationship issues, including dissolutions (divorces), legal separation, parentage, and child support
- Contested family law cases
- Estate planning (wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives)
- Traffic matters
- Restraining orders
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Non-injury car or bike accidents
- Internet scams
Students cannot hire SLS for these types of legal matters
Although SLS provides free legal consultations for any legal questions, the following are areas in which SLS will not provide ongoing representation:
- Fee-generating personal injury cases
- Business formation
- Tax matters
- Out-of-state cases. However, SLS can be hired to facilitate communication with out-of-state legal counsel.
- Legal issues of a student’s friends or family members
- Matters involving the University of Washington, including, but not limited to, Housing and Food Services, academic departments, and faculty or staff.
Regardless of the nature of your legal matter, we encourage you to contact us for a consultation. For questions about case eligibility not addressed on our website, please phone our office at 206.543.6486.