Publications related to STEP-WISE
* = postdoc author
- Ma EY, Al-Noori S, Klein ER, Freisem K, Price RM. 2021. An active learning workshop to teach active learning strategies. CourseSource. https://doi.org/10.24918/cs.2021.36
- Price RM, Self CJ, Young WC, Klein ER, Al-Noori S, Ma EY, DeMarais A. 2021. Brief training and intensive mentoring guide postdoctoral scholars to student-centered instruction. CBE-Life Sciences Education. 20: ar64. DOI:10.1187/cbe.21-03-0083.
- Joy JP*, Price RM. 2021. Harnessing the power of the immune system: Influenza vaccines. CourseSource. https://doi.org/10.24918/cs.2020.53.
- Seah YM*, Chang AM*, Dabee S*, Davidge B*, Erickson JR*, Olanrewaju AO*, Price RM. 2021. Pandemic-related instructor talk: How new instructors supported students at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. J. Microbiol. Biol. Educ. 22: doi.org/10.1128/jmbe.v22i1.2401
- McCullough EA, Ma EY, Al-Noori S, Price RM. 2020. STEP Forward: Combining formal and informal education to develop communication skills that augment postdoctoral training. Journal of STEM Outreach. 3: 1-10. https://doi.org/10.15695/jstem/v3i1.12
- Schindler AG* and Price RM. 2018. Bad Science: Exploring the unethical research behind a putative memory supplement. CourseSource. https://doi.org/10.24918/cs.2018.4
- Wiggins B, Price RM, Gardner R, Stromholt S. (2021). Telescope to microscope: Examining crucial teaching practices across scales. CalTech Project for Effective Teaching at California Institute of Technology. Online meeting.
- Joy JP, Price RM. 2021. CourseSource activity on vaccines: modifying it to learn about the COVID vaccines. “Teaching COVID-19 – Corona Corps Global Learning Community, E Vandergrift (University of Oregon), Facilitator. Online meeting.
- Wiggins B, Price RM, Stromholt S, Gardner R, Klein E. 2020. Community, direct feedback, and cheerleading: Three practices identified by graduate trainees as especially useful in taking up inclusive teaching methods. Biology Teaching Assistant Project Virtual Conference (BioTAPS), University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
- Wiggins B, Price RM, Stromholt S, Gardner R, Klein E. (2020). Building inclusive excellence into STEM teaching by training graduate students. 45th Annual Professional and Organizational Development Conference, virtual presentation.
- Klein ER, Price RM, Gardner R, Wiggins B. 2019. The Science Teaching Experience Program for Upcoming PhDs (STEP-UP): Designing for Effective & Inclusive Instructors. Biology Teaching Assistant Project Virtual Conference (BioTAPS), University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
- Price RM, Klein ER, Ma EY, Al-Noori S, DeMarais A, Stromholt S, Gardner R, Wiggins BL. 2020. STEPs toward professional development: Programs for graduate students and postdocs to learn and practice evidence-based teaching strategies. Society for the Advancement of Biology Education Research, online meeting.
- Gardner R, Price RM, Klein ER, Wiggins BL. 2020. Science Teaching Experience Program for Upcoming PhDs (STEP-UP). Teaching and Learning Symposium, Seattle, WA (online).
- Klein ER, Price RM. 2019. Teaching postdocs to teach while protecting their time. Gordon Research Conference on Undergraduate Biology Education Research. Bates College, Lewiston, ME.
- Klein ER, Price RM. 2019. Design-Based Analysis of a Mentored Teaching Experience for STEM Postdocs UW. Teaching and Learning Symposium, Seattle, WA.
- Stone AEL, Al-Noori S, Ramakrishnan S, Ma EY, Price RM. 2018. STEPping out of the lab—the Science Teaching Experience for Postdocs (STEP) program. National Postdoctoral Association 16th Annual Conference, Cleveland, OH.
- Alvarez V, Edwards K, Mahoney WM, Morales C, Moritz CT, Price RM, Risques R. 2018. Portfolio of Postdoc-to-Faculty Programs at University of Washington. National Meeting for the NSF Alliances for Graduate Education and the Professoriate, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA.
- Al-Noori S, Ma EY, McCullough EA, Price RM. 2018. STEP Forward: Science Communication with the Public through Hands-on Engagement. UW Teaching and Learning Symposium, Seattle, WA.
- Mitzelfelt, K. 2021. Innovative STEPs toward enhancing inclusive undergraduate science education. AWIS Magazine. Spring: 12-17. (PDF)
- Esser, D. 2020. A STEP from postdoc to professor, University of Washington Bothell.
- Esser, D. 2017. Helping postdocs step up to teaching, University of Washington Bothell.
- Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean, University of Washington. 2016. Student projects from The Air We Breathe: Connecting Pollution, Climate, and Health, a STEP course taught by Adriana Bailey, Sam Potter, and Pam Roqué.
- Venkatraman, V. November 19, 2013. A Career as a College Science Teacher. Science Careers (from the journal Science). Mention of the Future Faculty Fellows Teaching Apprenticeship (now Science Teaching Experience for Postdocs).