Zulily is a retailer obsessed with bringing our customers something special every day. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites from top brands, including clothing, home decor, accessories, toys and gifts, giving customers something new to discover each morning at an incredible price. We are fast-paced, innovative and metric-driven, with a team passionate for delighting our customers.
The Production Artist provides unique imagery that includes photo manipulation and design for multiple devices (web, mobile, ipad). Their focus is to support the special events team in producing various aspects of an Event, meeting the deadlines established by development needs, live dates, and movement of priority vendors as set forth by the Executive Merchandising Teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs high-volume production duties as assigned by Creative Leads and project coordinators that are essential to complete unique Home Page and multi-platform experiences.These duties include using Photoshop/Illustrator to enhance imagery and achieve visual effects, manipulating or adding objects, and providing unique layouts in order to enhance customer experience
- Maintains zulily design templates across all platforms up to date and in line with brand standards according to direction and input from creative leadership and best practices.
- Provide Creative Leads/Supervisor with multiple iterations and mock-ups to explore possible creative alternatives and solutions.
- Communicate and understand the needs for each project. This includes direct communication with the mobile and web teams as well as marketing to ensure all items are uploaded properly and on brand.
- Report back to supervisor and Creative Leads on conclusions, successes, and lessons learned in order to better processes and lower cost and design time.
- 1 – 2 years of Photo editing or design experience, preferably in a Production environment
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills- able to navigate and collaborate effectively with teams.
- Self-driven, eager to learn and goal-oriented with strong time management and problem solving skills
- Exceptionally rigorous work ethic, adaptable to ever-changing hours and demands, with ability to re-focus and develop options for quick changes in projects
- Calm under pressure, can excel and thrive in a high-volume environment
- Strong attention to detail and order
- A general understanding of Adobe Illustrator is encouraged
- Basic proficiency with type, layout and image composition
- Previous Special Project experience working with zulily special events team or on large brands