Seattle Repertory Theatre is committed to producing the highest quality programming and we believe that our ability to contribute to excellence in the arts depends on building a community whose members come from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences.
We are part of a growing movement in theatre to ensure that those who have been excluded historically; focusing particularly on racial and ethnic groups, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities and women, are at the decision making table, reflected in our programming and represented on our staff.
The primary function of the Scenic Artist is to execute scenic painting, sculpting and finish work as required for all productions and work performed at Seattle Repertory Theatre.
- According to prescribed schedule, develops and executes the painting/sculpting of scenic elements and props upon approval of, and in collaboration with, the Charge Scenic Artist;
- Reads and interprets drafting, renderings, models and research materials for proper execution of design finish;
- Assists in touch-up work once the production is on stage;
- Properly handles, uses and disposes of all toxic materials in the work space;
- Assists in the maintenance of paint area, tools, arts and supplies;
- Assists in the training of the Scenic Intern;
- Performs other related tasks and duties as assigned:
- Ability to physically lift a minimum of 50 pounds, climb stairs, work on ladders, possess a full range of motion.
- Minimum 2 years of professional scenic techniques and materials; experience acquired through formal education and/or work experience
- Ability and experience in executing painting and texturing techniques utilizing brushes, sprayers, and other tools of the trade;
- Application of color theory;
- Ability to work effectively with others;
- Studio artist (sculpting, drawing, painting) preferred
- Graphics experience preferred
- Knowledge of art history preferred
- Knowledge of production aspects of theatre preferred
To APPLY, please send cover letter, resume, and three references to our email address.
Seattle Repertory Theatre
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 900923
155 Mercer Street
Seattle, WA 98109
Fax: 206.443.2379 Attn: Human Resources
Posted: 16 May 2017
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: Late August 2017