Seattle JazzED seeks Communications Manager
We are seeking a full-time Communications Manager to join Seattle JazzED’s growing team. As Communication Manager, you do the important work of telling the JazzED story, which in turn grows program enrollment and cultivates donor support. You will steward the JazzED brand, which exemplifies inclusivity, vibrancy, and generosity. You will be one of the ‘faces’ of JazzED, engaging with our community of students, families and supporters, through social media channels, email, and hard copy.
You will collaborate with the Development, Education, and Program Directors, to create and execute marketing and communications strategies that help to meet enrollment and fundraising goals set by the Executive Director and JazzED Strategic plan.
Because we are a small staff, we have an “all hands on deck” philosophy. For big events like concerts, community events and the annual gala fundraiser, all staff pitch-in even though event tasks may fall outside the scope of one’s normal job.
– Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies, including advertising campaigns, content marketing, and student/family stewardship activities that communicate JazzED’s brand of inclusivity, vibrancy, and generosity
– Coordinate marketing campaigns to meet program enrollment and fundraising goals
– Implement consistent brand deliveries across all channels
– Work with Communications Associate to create on-brand content across all channels
– Measure website performance, and make adjustments as necessary, using Google Analytics and other reporting tools
– Provide routine reports to key staff which include – but are not limited to – client feedback, market
conditions, industry trends, program enrollment performance
– Stay current on marketing trends and adjust strategies accordingly
– Manage marketing vendors, spending and budgets
– Maintain archive of marketing collateral
The Ideal Candidate will have:
– A commitment to dismantling systemic racism, sexism and economic inequality by keeping these issues centered in your work.
– Demonstrated success in developing and executing marketing and communications strategies to meet specific goals
– 2+ years work experience in youth development, arts, or other relevant fields
– Passion for youth development, arts education and non-profits
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
– Proficient with technology, including email management system (example: Mailchimp), social media, and web-based graphic design and photo editing tools (example: Canva). Please note Adobe Creative Suite skills are not required for this position.
– Video editing and/or photography skills are a plus
– Personal qualities of integrity, warmth, and a sense of humor
– You must be able to pass a criminal background check
– Persons of color strongly encouraged to apply
– Salary range: $50,000 to $65,000, depending on experience
– Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
– Retirement employer match
– Generous PTO (5 weeks) and paid holidays
– Flex time policy
– Professional development opportunities
– Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
IMPORTANT: Include your full name and the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your application email
– Application deadline: Friday April 30, 2021, position open until filled
– Tentative Start Date: June 1, 2021