Camp Kesem is a group of student volunteers that come together in a supportive environment that allows students to connect with each other, and also children who are impacted by a parent or caregiver that has cancer. This unique community is filled with what we like to call “warm fuzzies”, allowing you to truly be yourself.
The various skills and connections you can make in this club are a great way to build your resume, but can also provide you with over 100 hours of community service! This is even better if you happen to be a pre-health major as you will be getting directly involved with families that are affected by cancer. Please fill out this interest form: https://forms.gle/
Our counselor applications are currently open! They will close on February 24th, but we suggest applying as early as possible! There are 2 one week-long sessions during August and we ask that you are available for one of these weeks (or both if you want!). Camp is super fun and we provide all counselors with training before we go! The dates for training this year are 4/15, 4/29, and 5/20 from 9:30-1:30. The dates for camp this year are 8/14-8/18 and 8/20-8/24. The counselors have a mini-retreat between the two camp weeks where we relax and bond with each other and it’s for free! The link for counselor applications can be found below and in the bio of our instagram. If you want more information please check out the link labeled “Counselor Info”. If you have any more questions please email us at uwashington.volunteer@kesem.
Link to applications: Kesem.force.com
Instructions for applications:
– Begin by going to kesem.force.com
– Click “Login” to create an account
– From the Login tab, click “sign up” in the bottom right corner
– Fill out your information, and make sure you’ve selected “Counselor” under “Select Registration Type”
– Once you’ve entered your information and signed up, it will direct you back to the Home page.
– Select “Pick a Camp.”
– Select which camp session you want to sign up for. Click on where it says “Register.”
– From there you can begin your application.
– Once you’ve completed the application(s), you can view the status on the “My Applications” tab.
– Use the “Upload Forms” link on the “My Applications” tab to upload all supplemental counselor forms for this summer. Please Note: when you turn in your application we will contact you via the email you registered with asking you to sign up for a day/time to interview so please be on the lookout for that.
We hope you consider joining Kesem and being a counselor!