Student Assistant – Graphic Designer
UW Medicine IT Services Human Resources
UW Medicine IT Services Human Resources is seeking a Student Assistant – Graphic Designer to support its growing internal communications projects, including a monthly newsletter.
Duties of the Student Assistant – Graphic Designer role include:
- Design internal monthly newsletter using desktop publishing software. The newsletter will be the primary responsibility of the Student Assistant – Graphic Designer.
- Design communications to support UW Medicine ITS’ employee engagement, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion, recruitment, and other HR initiatives and projects.
- Post and design content for internal website (currently SharePoint) and possibly an external-facing website. Interface with ITS web production teams as needed.
- Create information graphics.
- Select and edit stock and submitted photos for features.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled UW student who meets enrollment eligibility requirements.
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Desktop publishing skills – May include Microsoft Publisher, Adobe InDesign, WordPress, or other similar software.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (SharePoint a plus).
- Creativity and ability to visualize and produce page designs independently.
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for design.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well with others on team projects.
This position will require a schedule that aligns with the production of our monthly newsletter, which will require the most hours the last week of the month, up to 19.5 hours per week (while classes are in session). Hours other weeks of the month will vary based on other communications projects. Hours are flexible, and the work can be done remotely, though there may be an occasional need to work in our office in downtown Seattle.
Compensation: $18.69 per hour